Last week Gordon gave you five ways to identify a customer is about to leave you. This week he takes you through a five step guide to salvaging that unhappy customer.
So if you’ve left it too late and a customer is about the walk out the door – here’s a great guide to help you keep the contract.
Here are the five steps you need to be taking:
- Arrange a meeting: You need to do this ASAP. The longer you wait, the less chance you have of saving the customer. Tee up a meeting and arrange for your management team and/or key stakeholders to go out to their office.
- Prepare a solution: Gordon speaks about really being honest and doing a self analysis. Ask yourself, what are we doing wrong? Most the time, problems will lie under two buckets – technical and service delivery. Make sure you address your customers issues and exceed expectations.
- Make Concessions: As part of this five step guide, you need to be comfortable making concessions. Gordon recommends offering discounts and services for free – these are strategies he personally used to win back clients trust and retain high-value service management contracts.
- Create an action plan: List all the items that are part of the solution. Make sure you include key deliverables with specified dates. Present this action plan to your customer.
- Deliver: “You’re one chop away from the tree falling down on you”. Gordon can’t stress this enough – this is your final chance to impress and learn from your previous mistakes.
You’re one chop away from the tree falling down on you.
Watch the full video here:
This five step guide works best when you quickly identify customers that are not satisfied. I strongly recommend you watch Gordon’s previous video for more information on how you can identify at risk customers early.